What Is Jasmine?
What Is Jasmine?
A BDD Behaviour Driven Development Tool
Some of the Benefits of Jasmine
- An agile automation tool with low overhead.
- A user can custom match in Jasmine
- A flexible and easy to understand automated testing tool
- No external dependency when it has its own JS library.
- It is a customized library that has everything you need for testing your code.
- It also supports Python and ruby (data application/analytical tools)
- It does not require a DOM to function
- The user gets straight forward API
- Easy to understand syntax
- It can understand natural language, it is easy to fix bugs and achieve expected results.
How and Where Can I Use Jasmine?
Jasmine helps in automated unit testing, a key practice used while developing and deploying modern-day web applications. It is a simple, easy to understand automation testing tool
- Jasmine library- a space of its own resource code to solve your every problem in JS script.
- Cab be used in different ways, e.g. ancient way both the Jasmine core and your test files using a script tag,
- As a Command Line Interface (CLI) tool using Node.js,
- As a library in Node.js,
- For python code using Jasmine-py
- For Ruby projects Jasmine-gem
Is Jasmine Test Driven Development (TDD) Or Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)?
TDD is a development technique that focuses more on the implementation, it is a development practice. BDD is a development technique that focuses more on the systems behaviour, it is a team methodology.
What Is Karma?
Karma is a test runner, and not a testing framework. It is not an alternative (or in competition with) frameworks such as Mocha or Jasmine, instead it works with them. It was created by the Angular team, and there are available plugins for all the popular test frameworks. In addition, a tester can also choose to write an adapter for one of their favorite frameworks. In essence it spins up a webserver from which to run tests.
What Is Katalon?
Katalon was developed by Katalon Inc. and is a low-code Automated Testing Software Solution that is built on the open-source frameworks Selenium and Appium; it has a specialised IDE interface for Web, API, Desktop and Mobile Applications. It works on Linux, Windows (7,8,10) and MacOS (10, 11) and Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Internet Explorer and Headless browsers. It has dual scripting interfaces for testers with different programming skills and can be used by people with no programming skills, who use a simple interface that does not require the writing of code. More proficient testers can use scripting with code suggestion, syntax highlighting and debugging.
What Is Mocha?
Mocha is extremely popular and very well maintained. It has over 21k stars on Github at the time of writing and has been around for over a decade. Its documentation is well written and easy to follow.